Dental implants are permanent and very natural-looking solution to replacing teeth that have been lost or removed. Dental implants require no special treatment and can be cared for just like you would care for your natural teeth. Our Westlake Village dentist is experienced in dental implant placement, and can restore your smile so that you can have a fully functional set of teeth, once again.
The initial implant process begins with a dental implant consultation, where Dr. Kacker will examine several aspects of your current oral state. If you are considered a candidate for dental implants, the procedure will be completed over a series of visits, starting with having the implant surgically placed into the jawbone. To eliminate any pain or discomfort, local anesthesia is used during this portion. Following this visit is the healing process, also known as Osseointegration, for a time span of three to six months. After healing is complete, the dental implant procedures ends with the placement of a crown fitted into place where the root was implanted.
Important details to note about dental implants:
- Dental implants are permanent, natural-looking and require no special care
- Function and feel just like natural teeth
- Brush and floss normally after dental implant placement
- Restores your ability to speak, smile and chew
- Preserves your facial structure
- Dental implants requires a series of visits the dentist
- Insurance coverage is limited, so please consult your insurance